Did you know that only 8% of people who set a New Year’s health resolution accomplish it! Wow, that’s it? That doesn’t seem like too many people to me. So if you are one of those people in the past years, what got in your way of accomplishing what you wanted? Where can you improve? Are you even setting manageable goals? Are you spinning your wheels again and again only to not see results? Trust me, I feel you, I’ve been you, I AM YOU!
If you didn’t value your health, I know you would not be reading this. This shows me you care, and that you are motivated.
Here are a few tips for actually accomplishing what you want with your health.
- Identify your setbacks and unhealthy habits
- Break down your goals and take it one step at a time (don’t look at the big picture, it could create a feeling of overwhelm)
- Find a plan or program that will help implement real, sustainable change
- Be consistent
- Realize there is a cost, but pick your HARD. It’s hard to sacrifice, but it’s equally hard staying in the same place and maybe even gaining weight.
- Maybe it’s time to try something completely different than what you’ve been doing. (It’s all about getting results, right?)
Now for something yummy …
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella divided
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Italian season
6 turkey pepperoni slices, chopped
1/4 cup no sugar added tomato sauce
1/4 small green pepper, diced
1 tbsp diced red onion
1 tbsp sliced black olives
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add cauliflower rice to medium-sized micro safe bowl.
Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
Add eggs, cheese and seasoning mixture.
Divide mixture evenly into 12 slots of lightly greased standard sized muffin pan.
Press down lightly to form a crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Top each mini cauliflower crust with tomato sauce, remaining cheese, pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, and olives. Bake until cheese is melted about 5 to 7 minutes.
As a reminder, health assessments are free! If you are interested in learning about the program I used to lose weight and keep it off, I’d love to chat! I lost almost 40 lbs in 4 months over 5 years ago!
Let’s do this!